VSAT & TV SAT Installation
Are you limited to 3G near shore? You can only connect to marinas WIFI?
Demand for internet connection and communication services are growing each day. Nowadays it is necessary to keep in touch with the outer world to run your buisness, stay in touch with your family or have the latest news anywhere in the world.
Our experienced technicians can install and configure VSAT system onboad, providing you complete support and worry free service anywhere between Venice and Montenegro. We have a solution for any type of vessel and your requirements!
VSAT is helping you to stay in touch with the rest of the world, providing you various services, which are necessary each day:
- Normal voice, fax and data connectivity
- Low rate video conferencing
- Access to internet services and the WWW
- The provision of connectivity to the cellular industry so that mobile GSM services remain active even on the oceans
- E-mail systems
- Sales monitoring and stock control
- The provision of Wide Area Networks (WAN’s) and the extension of LAN’s to remote locations
- Bank transactions and ATM services in remote locations
- High rate real time video monitoring services
- Bank transactions
- Emergency services
- Sales monitoring and stock control
- The delivery of interactive multimedia services
- Video broadcast
- Small antenna footprint
- It is very reliable with 99,5% uptime
- Network managing and monitoring is much simpler than a network of leased lines.
- Single point contact for operation, maintenance
- Fixed IP addresses availability, providing incorporation to corporate network
- Voice over IP (VOIP) technology is providing global telecoms solution
- Flexible data packages (fixed monthly cost, pay as you go or season packages)
- Dynamic gyro-stabilised tracking of satellites for outstanding performance and reliability
- Extensive global coverage
- Worldwide support packages available which can warranty the equipment up to 5 years
- Remote technical support for the equipment is possible, to allow you to save problems on the go
- Direct end user billing or reseller arrangements
- Independence from local infrastructure
Satellite systems are improving each year. Smaller and compact systems enables you to maintain the same or better data rate and service. They’ve became more reliable and easy to maintain providing you flawless, stable and fast connections.
There are many manufacturers available for satellite systems. Cobham Seatel is the leading manufacturer of VSAT and TV systems. It is the first company who delivered satellite solutions and equipment. They have proven itself with latest technology, low rate of equipment failure, stable operation and support. That is why they got their trust in space program, avionics, yacht industry etc.
Ku Band (regional coverage)
C Band (Seamless global coverage)
The Ku band is a portion of the electromagnetic spectrum in the microwave range of frequencies. This symbol refers to “K-under” – in other words, the band directly below the K-band. In radar applications, it ranges from 12 to 18 GHz according to the formal definition of radar frequency band nomenclature in IEEE Standard 521-2002. Ku band is primarily used for satellite communications, most notably NASA’s Tracking Data Relay Satellite used for both space shuttle and ISS communications.
C band is a name given to certain portions of the electromagnetic spectrum, as well as a range of wavelengths of light, used for communications. The IEEE C band and its variations, in particular, are microwave ranges used for certain satellite television broadcasts, and by some Wi-Fi devices, cordless phones, and weather radars. For satellite communications, the lower frequencies used by C Band perform better under adverse weather conditions than the Ku band or Ka band frequencies.
The Cobham brand is one of the oldest and most respected in the defence and aerospace market, with an unbroken pedigree reaching back to the 1930s.
Cobham’s vision is to be the most trusted global partner for leading edge aerospace and defence technologies. As part of that vision, in 2008 the company transitioned more than 80 separate international subsidiaries, many with a heritage as deep and respected as Cobham’s own, into the parent brand.
This move, together with a refreshed corporate identity and values which permeate the business, is helping customers, suppliers and employees alike to appreciate the breadth and depth of the capabilities available from Cobham.
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology define the elements that sustained the business from its launch in 1934 and are still evident after more than 75 years.
Many clients have been with Cobham for more than 25 years, many employees for more than 40, giving life to the company’s motto; “The most important thing we build is trust”.